Artificial Intelligence: Generative AI, Cloud and ML (online)
AI-WomenGoGreen program– Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Programme Details
- Date, Times and Delivery
- IT requirements
In the world of artificial intelligence (AI), over the last six months, generative AI and ChatGPT have changed everything. It is becoming clear that AI as a development platform are game-changers.
“How can AI pave the way for a greener ecosystem?”
In today’s rapidly advancing technological landscape, AI’s potential goes beyond convenience or business gains. As nations grapple with escalating environmental concerns, AI emerges not just as a technological marvel, but as a beacon of hope for a sustainable future. But how, precisely, can AI pave the way for a greener tomorrow?
With recent developments like Chat GPT, AI’s ability in combating climate change is evident. To achieve this, an inclusive environment where women from varied sectors can gain relevant skills is essential.
“AI-WomenGoGreen is a free, online certificate program that equips you with the knowledge and skills to build sustainable digital solutions”
AI-WomenGoGreen project focuses on learning skills relevant to Green AI; including the acquisition of entrepreneurial, digital and soft skills. At the same time addressing the ecological dimension of the economic transformation underway in the EU through the European Green Deal.
AI-WomenGoGreen is to increase competitiveness of Croatian enterprises led by women within the focus areas of the Green Industry Innovation Programme. AI-WomenGoGreen is supported with funding from Innovation Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway grants, with OPTIMIZACIJA as the Project Promoter and INNO-SCI Norway as training Partner.
AI-WomenGoGreen seeks to support more female entrepreneurs by increasing their business development capacity through activities like training for skills development and other types of competence-building in utilising AI for green industry innovation.
AI-WomenGoGreen program is designed for women who work within the broader entrepreneurial ecosystem but are not necessarily developers. Hence, you need not have a coding/developer background for this course but need to be familiar with IT.
This course delves into the principles of green software, highlighting the importance of carbon and energy efficiency. Students will learn to adapt software operations based on electricity cleanliness and understand the significance of hardware efficiency in reducing embodied carbon. Measurement techniques and their role in enhancement are discussed, with a concluding focus on the mechanisms of carbon reduction and climate commitments.
This course also introduces fundamentals concepts related to artificial intelligence (AI), Generative AI models and the services in Microsoft Azure that can be used to create AI solutions. The course is not designed to teach students to become professional data scientists or software developers, but rather to build awareness of common AI workloads and the ability to identify Azure services to support them.This course is a blended learning experience that combines instructor-led training with online materials . The hands-on exercises in the course are based on Learn modules, and students are encouraged to use the content on Learn as reference materials to reinforce what they learn in the class and to explore topics in more depth. The course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the types of solutions artificial intelligence (AI) makes possible, and the services on Microsoft Azure that you can use to create them. You don’t need to have any experience of using Microsoft Azure before taking this course, but a basic level of familiarity with computer technology and the Internet is assumed. Some of the concepts covered in the course require a basic understanding of mathematics, such as the ability to interpret charts. The course includes hands-on activities that involve working with data and running code, so a knowledge of fundamental programming principles will be helpful.
Job role: AI Engineer, Data Scientist, Developer, Solutions Architect
There are mainly three modalities:
2 core modules + 1 elective module + 1 capstone project
The philosophy of this course is based on the following themes:
- Developing AI solutions through using Azure services with an emphasis on Azure cloud platforms.
- The course takes an instructor-led approach, i.e. humans working with AI to generate part of the system, placing generative AI at the center of the data science workflow.
- This course provides a framework to educate more women entrepreneurs in topics related to green software. Learners will explore green principles, understand and use shared language and standardised terms, and apply green software principles to the design and development of their software applications.
- This course will teach you how to apply green software principles to the design and development of your software applications. It lays out the guidelines to help create a shared understanding of what it means to be a green software practitioner
- The course is designed for women entrepreneurs based in Croatia
The course is based on four workflows.
1) Generative AI: generating AI based solutions using Azure services
2) Responsible AI by design: included in all aspects of the course.
3) Green Software for Software practitioners -Learn the basic concepts a software practitioner needs to know to build, maintain and run greener applications – This is an introductory course designed for software practitioners.
4) Get to know the connection between artificial intelligence (AI), Responsible AI, and text, code, and image generation. Understand how you can use Azure OpenAI to build solutions against AI models.
Introduction to AI
In this module, you’ll learn about common uses of artificial intelligence (AI), and the different types of workload associated with AI. You’ll then explore considerations and principles for responsible AI development.
Artificial Intelligence in Azure
Machine learning is the foundation for modern AI solutions. In this module, you’ll learn about some fundamental machine learning concepts, and how to use the Azure Machine Learning service to create and publish machine learning models.
Introduction to Machine Learning
Azure Machine Learning
Computer vision is an area of AI that deals with understanding the world visually, through images, video files, and cameras. In this module you’ll explore multiple computer vision techniques and services.
Computer Vision Concepts
Computer Vision in Azure
Natural Language Processing
This module describes scenarios for AI solutions that can process written and spoken language. You’ll learn about Azure services that can be used to build solutions that analyze text, recognize and synthesize speech, translate between languages, and interpret commands.
Conversational AI enables users to engage in a dialog with an AI agent, or bot, through communication channels such as email, webchat interfaces, social media, and others. This module describes some basic principles for working with bots and gives you an opportunity to create a bot that can respond intelligently to user questions.
Conversational AI Concepts
Conversational AI in Azure
Participants who satisfy the course requirements will receive an electronic certificate of completion. To receive a certificate at the end of the course you will need to:
- Achieve a minimum attendance at online sessions of 75%.
- Answer all the learning quizzes provided (these are short quizzes designed to ensure you have understood the material in each unit)
- Participants are expected to actively participate and complete the exercises which will be given during the course. These exercises involve coding / hands-on exercises (individually and also in groups) in sprints relating to AI, Cloud, IoT and Robotics.
The certificate will show your name, the course title and the dates of the course you attended.
Global Certification & Benefits
- After a successful course, you will finally qualify to take the Certified AI fundamental exams
- Increases visibility – Microsoft certifications are issued by a reputable organisation with a large market share in the enterprise software and business development niche.
- Highlights dedication to professional development.
Dates, Times and Delivery
Umma is certified in AI Applications with focus on Developing Artificial Intelligence Applications from the Oxford University Continuous Education Program, London UK.
As a technical lead instructor at INNO-SCI, she delivers intensive courses on cloud computing and cyber security to women and students in Norway. In her role she also collaborates with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft to provide industry-relevant curriculum and certifications for students who aspire to pursue careers in the technology sector. She is an AWS-accredited instructor and a certified solutions architect associate, with expertise in Linux, networking, security, Python programming, and databases and internet of things (IOT).
She has over seven years of experience in teaching, administration, and working in the IT field. She also holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science and a master’s degree in business administration, and She has received multiple awards for her excellence and leadership in supporting learning and teaching activities. Her mission is to empower women with the future skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the digital economy and to keep and to keep more women updated with the latest tech trends and developments in the cloud and security domain.MD Rakib Hasan Senior Course TutorSenior Developer at Mjoll, Norway
Rakib Hassan is a software engineer with experience in web development, serverless computing, and cross platform mobile application development. He is familiar with a variety of programming languages and software frameworks like Node.js, React, React Native, Vue, and Python, to name a few. He has also worked extensively with cloud platforms, especially AWS and Microsoft, and has experience building serverless backends and solving scalability issues in a growing application.
Important: We do not expect you to have knowledge or experience in all of the areas on this questionnaire!IT requirements This course is delivered online using Zoom. You will be required to follow and implement the instructions we send you to fully access Zoom on INNO-SCI secure IT network. This course is delivered online; to participate you will need regular access to the Internet and a computer meeting our recommended Minimum computer specification.
It is advised to use headphones with working speakers and a microphone.